- Legal Expert News
- Law Firm News
- Career News
- Headline News
- Blog News
- Local Court News
- Court Watch
- Legal Interview
- Topics in Legal News
- Press Release
- Politics & Legal
- Market News
- Court asked to dismiss cases tied to ex-drug lab chemist
- Kenya Supreme Court says why it annulled presidential poll
- California hits Gatorade in court for "anti-water" videogame
- Court: Utility, not gov't responsible for Fukushima disaster
- Ohio court sets 2022 execution date for Cleveland killer
- Otter appoints new justice to Idaho Supreme Court
- Dispute over rights to Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan goes to court
- S. Korean court says worker's rare disease linked to Samsung
- Court: Cherokee Freedmen have right to tribal citizenship
- Indiana high court hearing appeal in children's fire deaths
The federal government had agreed to fully reimburse money tribes spent on programs like law enforcement, environmental protection and agricultural assistance, but Congress capped the amount of money earmarked for that reimbursement. The tribes sued, and the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver said the money must be fully reimbursed.
The high court on Monday said the Ramah Navajo Chapter and other Native American tribes must get their money back.
Justice Sonia Sotomayor wrote the majority opinion for Justices Antonin Scalia, Anthony Kennedy, Clarence Thomas and Elena Kagan. Chief Justice John Roberts, and Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer and Samuel Alito dissented.
Legal News Media
Legal News is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time. Your This site is solely for your personal use. You are, of course, welcome to print or otherwise copy material from this site for your personal use. However, you may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose. Any unauthorized use of the text, images, audio and video may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.