- Legal Expert News
- Law Firm News
- Career News
- Headline News
- Blog News
- Local Court News
- Court Watch
- Legal Interview
- Topics in Legal News
- Press Release
- Politics & Legal
- Market News
- Court asked to dismiss cases tied to ex-drug lab chemist
- Kenya Supreme Court says why it annulled presidential poll
- California hits Gatorade in court for "anti-water" videogame
- Court: Utility, not gov't responsible for Fukushima disaster
- Ohio court sets 2022 execution date for Cleveland killer
- Otter appoints new justice to Idaho Supreme Court
- Dispute over rights to Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan goes to court
- S. Korean court says worker's rare disease linked to Samsung
- Court: Cherokee Freedmen have right to tribal citizenship
- Indiana high court hearing appeal in children's fire deaths
Knight told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James Brandlin that he had fired attorneys handling his murder case and was receiving inadequate medical treatment while in custody.
The Death Row Records co-founder said he was blind in one eye and had only about 15 percent vision in his other eye during a brief court appearance on Monday. Knight said he was having difficulty comprehending the proceedings and told the judge he had been shot six times last year and had a blood clot in his lungs and other complications. He also said he had lost 35 pounds as a result of his injuries.
Brandlin transferred Knight's case to another judge, and he was taken for medical care before his case could be called in Judge Ronald Coen's courtroom. Coen said before calling the case that Knight had been taken to a hospital, but he did not elaborate.
Knight has pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges after he struck two men with his truck, killing one, on Jan. 29. He remains held without bail.
Legal News Media
Legal News is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time. Your This site is solely for your personal use. You are, of course, welcome to print or otherwise copy material from this site for your personal use. However, you may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose. Any unauthorized use of the text, images, audio and video may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.