- Legal Expert News
- Law Firm News
- Career News
- Headline News
- Blog News
- Local Court News
- Court Watch
- Legal Interview
- Topics in Legal News
- Press Release
- Politics & Legal
- Market News
- Court asked to dismiss cases tied to ex-drug lab chemist
- Kenya Supreme Court says why it annulled presidential poll
- California hits Gatorade in court for "anti-water" videogame
- Court: Utility, not gov't responsible for Fukushima disaster
- Ohio court sets 2022 execution date for Cleveland killer
- Otter appoints new justice to Idaho Supreme Court
- Dispute over rights to Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan goes to court
- S. Korean court says worker's rare disease linked to Samsung
- Court: Cherokee Freedmen have right to tribal citizenship
- Indiana high court hearing appeal in children's fire deaths
"We're getting our national network ready to run with the ball, and saturate state legislatures with versions of the law," said William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration. "We believe we can pass it in most states."
That goal may be a stretch, but lawmakers in about a dozen states told The Associated Press they were interested in proposing Arizona-style laws if its key components are upheld by the Supreme Court. A ruling is expected in June on the Department of Justice's appeal that the law conflicts with federal immigration policy.
Dan Stein, president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, said he was encouraged that several justices suggested during Wednesday's oral arguments that they are ready to let Arizona enforce the most controversial part of its law — a requirement that police officers check the immigration status of people they suspect are in the country illegally.
Legal News Media
Legal News is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time. Your This site is solely for your personal use. You are, of course, welcome to print or otherwise copy material from this site for your personal use. However, you may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose. Any unauthorized use of the text, images, audio and video may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.